April 17, 2018
Dear God-family and well-wishers of Guru Maharaja,
Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
This message is to report and update on Guru Maharaja’s current health condition.
Guru Maharaja is still staying in Chennai and steadily preparing himself to go for the liver transplant surgery. He is working out daily for about two to three hours; this includes cycling, pool therapy and physiotherapy. Overall, his physical energy level is quite low.
Some days, his energy level goes extremely low. We also visit the hospital here once in every 10 days for a check-up and treatment.
Every evening Guru Maharaja gives a short speech on his memories with Srila Prabhupada which you can watch online on Guru Maharaja’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Jayapatakaswami/
The memories will be published in a book. This project is near completion.
Tomorrow is Aksaya Tritiya day. I think most of you are already aware of the significance of Aksaya Tritiya. We are also adding the glories of this day with this message.
I take this opportunity to humbly request all of you to make special prayers and do some extra rounds on this auspicious day and dedicate them to the improvement of Guru Maharaja’s health and well-being.
Most of you are already doing some extra rounds, prayers and other types of sadhanas, yet it is good to be always reminded.
Kindly always send the reports of all your prayers, extra rounds and sadhanas to http://www.jayapatakaswami.world/
The glories of Aksaya Tritiya day is described below.
The significance of Akshay Tritiya
1. Lord Parashurama appeared on this day.
2. The Ganges descended to Earth on this day.
3. This day marks the beginning of Treta-yuga.
4. Sudama visited Krishna at Dwaraka.
5. Pandavas received Akshaya Patra from Sun God.
6. Vyasadeva started composing Mahabharata on this day.
7. Adi Sankaracharya composed Kanakadhara Stotram on this day.
8. Kubera received his wealth and position as custodian of wealth and it is said that Goddess Annapoorna Devi appeared on this day.
9. The construction of the chariots for Ratha Yatra begins on the day of Akshaya Tritiya.
10. In the temple of Kshira-chora Gopinatha (Remuna, Orissa) the Deities of Madana-mohana, Govinda and Gopinatha are smeared with sandalwood pulp on this auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya.
On behalf of Guru Maharaja’s Health Team & JPS Seva Committee,
Maha Varaha Das